1. Here is a link to Anthony Cody;s brilliant itemized list of things wrong with CCSS: http://mobile.edweek.org/c.jsp?DISPATCHED=true&cid=25983841&item=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.edweek.org%2Fteachers%2Fliving-in-dialogue%2F2013%2F11%2Fcommon_core_standards_ten_colo.html.
2. Grant Wiggins writes about how teacher evaluation should be conducted (and NOT conducted) in this post: http://grantwiggins.wordpress.com/2013/12/08/exemplary-teacher-evaluation-part-1/.
3. Here is an interesting piece from Canada about teachers asking for control over PD. We are not the only educators wrestling with this issue: http://www.joebower.org/2013/03/who-should-control-teachers.html.
4. Here is a Wordle of the search terms used for locating info on CCSS:
5. And here is a Wordle from the project I am working on right now:
Can you spot the differences?