1. It is funny. That's important when you begin reading a book at 4 in the morning.
2. It is snarky. Ditto the 4 am bit.
3. Seth is an interesting guy. His reactions to being dumped are quintessentially honest and authentic.
4. Dimitri is a boon companion.
5. Seth is clueless sometimes just like the resident of my back bedroom is despite being a smart kid.
6. He has great taste in music.
7. Seth's creator, our own eluper is a master when it comes to teen speak and dialog.
8. The girls are well developed and not just in the way Dimitri and Seth like them developed.
9. The book should appeal even to the most reluctant of male readers for a wide variety of reasons.
10. Seth (via his creator) has great taste in music for the most part. Both the kind he likes and the kind he disdains.
11. It is about golf and yet I did not find my attention wandering away like I do when golf is on TV. How does Luper do that?
12. Audrey is cool. I would like her as a friend.
SETH BAUMGARTNER'S LOVE MANIFESTO by Eric Luper (Balzer and Bray, 2010) was a perfect book for this hot summer day. Now on to the next one. <233>