1. In addition to doing some big time house stuff (new furniture for our bedroom, desk and bookcases for the resident of the back bedroom, sleeper sofa for the office, end tables and lamps for the living room),
2. I have been listening to the finalists for the Audies in the teen/YA category. Listening total is about 45 hours, so I have been attached to the iPod for several hours each day. I wanted to listen to these more than once just to verify my evaluations. That does not leave much time for reading.
3. Yesterday, I bought a copy of WATCHMEN since most folks have said the movie will not make much sense unless you know the story going in. I read the first 3 chapters when taking a break from the audiobooks. I think I might require this one for my YA lit class. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would.
4. Packed and ready to go to California to spend time with my sister and her family. Thought the flight was at 9 AM and it is actually 9 PM. Flights have been cut back big time.
5. Read all of my first round books for the Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award, a new award that will be given by ALAN in the fall. Now I am waiting to see which books will go on to Round Two.
6. Scout loves the new bedroom furniture as it allows him to jump from the tall dresser to the high window. There he can watch the birds and other activity. Getting down is a little different story. He likes to do things the hard way. Down is via the armoire to the bed, a giant leap which requires the armoire doors be closed so he can sort of "slide" down.
Back to listening.